2017 Billy Goat SC181H (Honda)
Whether your job is Golf / Muni / Sprots Turf / Landscaping / Flatwork / Hardscape / Irrigation, etc., the Next Gen 18" Hydro-Drive Sod Cutter is easy to operate and comfortable to use with variable ground speeds – forward & reverse – and intuitive controls.
All new from the ground up, this unit is built upon the most rugged foundation in the industry with a newly designed superstructure frame featuring 50 more pounds of steel and supports a robust new drive and cut system.
The machine’s new heavy-duty gear box and cutting system include oversized sealed bearings, tight shaft mounted eccentrics and a new one-inch lateral stability bar – all designed to perform in the industry’s most rugged conditions providing the next level in durability.
The Next Gen Hydro-Drive Sod Cutter now features the popular variable speed fingertip control in both forward and reverse, similar to the innovative Billy Goat hydro-drive overseeder and brush cutter controls – for consistent feel, simple operation and reliability through the hydro-drive family.
Compared to multiple settings on other machines, the SC181H features the easiest to use "Set and Forget™ blade depth adjustment to 2.5" with a single lever from the operator station. The unit comes standard with a rear caster wheel for curved cuts and locks for straight cutting and handle isolation mounts absorb vibration for smooth, fatigue-free operation. Other user-friendly features include an hour meter, heavy-duty front bumper bar and six convenient tie-down points.
- Engine Brand: Honda GXV160
- Displacement (cc): 163
- Transmission: Hydro Gear RT310
- Weight (lbs): 395
- Cutting Width (in): 18
- Cutting Depth (in): Max 2.5
- Length (in): 60
- Width (in): 26.5
- Height (in): 38.5
- NEW CUT SYSTEM: Features a rugged cast iron gear box, spiral gears and thick seals. Sealed bearings, one-inch plated lateral stability bar, large aluminum dog bones and tighter eccentric placement for outstanding strength when cutting.
- SUPERSTRUCTURE FRAME: 50% thicker 3/8" steel substructure and a 1/2" thick steel lateral support reinforces frame rigidity.
- INTUITIVE VARIABLE SPEED FINGERTIP HYDRO-DRIVE CONTROLS: Same as found on the reliable Billy Goat hydro-drive brush cutter and overseeder for a familiar family feel.
- HEAVY-DUTY TRANSMISSION: Drives 1.25" plated tapered axle with two-inch sealed bearings coupled to a one-inch jack shaft with armor coated chain for rugged drive reliability.
- SET AND FORGET BLADE DEPTH ADJUSTMENT TO 2.5": Single lever and clamp at user’s operating position adjusts simply, saving time and providing precise cutting depths.
- MULTIPLE OVERSIZED ISOLATION MOUNTS: Absorb vibration so operator completes tasks quickly, comfortably and without fatigue.
- REAR SWIVEL CASTER: Perfect for curved work and locks for straight cutting.
- CONVENIENT HOUR METER: Tracks hours of operation to help determine when to service the machine. Also ideal for rental stores to track machine hours of use when rented.
- HEAVY-DUTY BUMPER & TEAR-DROP TIE DOWNS: Machine transport is safe and easy with a heavy-duty front bumper bar and six tie-down points, front and rear positions.
- EASY ACCESS SERVICE DOORS: Three service doors positioned at front and back of machine offer convenient access for servicing.
- UNIQUE DRIVE WHEELS: Two separate wheels designed to shed mud in wet conditions and grip in dry for improved cutting in all conditions.
- NEXT GEN HYDRO-DRIVE SOD CUTTER WARRANTY: 3-Year Honda engine and 1-year bumper to bumper machine warranty.
- WELL VENTED HOUSING: Provides increased venting for cool operation and longer transmission life.
- Engine Manufacturer
- Honda GXV160
- Working Width
- Working Depth
- Max 2.5