2019 STIHL TS 420 STIHL Cutquik®
A 14" cutting wheel puts this cut-off machine in the big leagues of performance, efficiency and ease of use.
The TS 420 is so popular, it could possibly be called “the standard" to which other cut-off machines are compared. Users like it because it is compact, lightweight, reliable and proves itself day in and day out, all day long. The TS 420 features all the high-performance features of the TS 410 - including an X2 air filtration system for a clean and smooth-running engine and virtually maintenance-free filters. With the added benefit of a 14" cutting wheel, it will handle cuts up to 4.9 inches in depth. This cut-off machine backs up its larger cutting capacity with a ton of usability features.
NOTE: Abrasive wheel included. Diamond wheel (shown) sold separately.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor is designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine's correct RPM. IntelliCarb™ uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, the IntelliCarb™ system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the “dirty" side of the air box.
- X2 Air Filtration System: The X2 Air Filtration System revolutionizes the cut-off machine industry by allowing air filters to last up to a year, based on cutting conditions. Outside air enters the system in a swirling motion, removing 80% of dust particles. This pre-cleaned air is then routed through the primary and secondary air filters before being sent into the engine. The X2 Air Filtration System is virtually maintenance free and maintains an incredible 99.96% cleaning efficiency.
- Bayonet-Style Fuel Cap: Includes retainer for easy use, even with gloves on.
- Semi-Automatic Belt Tensioning: With consistent semi-automatic re-tensioning, this feature increases the service life of the belts and shaft bearings.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- STIHL ElastoStart™: The ElastoStart™ starter handle is a feature of STIHL. It is a starting grip with a built-in shock absorber that helps reduce the effort when pulling on the starter cord. The ElastoStart™ starter grip noticeably reduces the sudden peak forces (compression) normally felt during cranking. The forces which occur at the grip after the first compression stroke are smoothed out.
- Ergonomic Grip: The ergonomic top-handle bar design provides an optimal comfortable grip in any working position.
- Water Connection: Water connection with shut-off valve and quick connector.
- Displacement: 66.7 cc (4.07 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 3.2 kW (4.4 bhp)
- Weight*: 9.6 kg (21.2 lb.)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 710 cc (24 oz.)
- Engine Speed: 9,000 rpm (Elec. Gov.)
- Maximum Spindle Speed: 5,350 rpm
- Arbor Size: 20 mm
- Maximum Wheel Size: 350 mm (14")
- Maximum Cutting Depth: 125 mm (4.9")
- Power Source: Gas
- Engine Size
- 4.07 cu. in. (66.7 cc)
- 4.4 bhp (3.2 kW)
- Fuel Capacity
- 24 oz. (710 cc)
- 21.2 lb. (9.6 kg)
- Blade Size
- 14 in. (350 mm)